Saturday, April 14, 2007

Welcome to the World!!

We are so pleased to announce the arrival of our latest addition, Maxwell Oliver Nelson! I do want to thank everyone for all of your prayers and good wishes. We certainly felt them and are so thankful to God for this beautiful boy that He has blessed us with. I won't go into all of the nitty gritty details of the birth today...as I'm still a bit sore and not keen on sitting at the computer for too long, but here are the high points!




  • Max was born on Thursday, April 12th at 8:21pm in Copenhagen, Denmark. (Yes, that's ELEVEN days past the due date!)



  • He weighed in at 4700g. (that's 10lb 5oz for those that aren't used to metric!)



  • He is 57cm long. (about 22.5in)



  • He has lots of dark, dark hair and looks an awful lot like his big sister when she was born.


  • Both Max and I did very well and we were thankful to have our number one fan and coach, Daddy, there to help every step of the way. It was a bit different giving birth here in Denmark than in the US, but we really have no complaints. We were taken care of very well and all of our midwives and doctors were wonderful.


    We really had a hard time picking out a name for this little guy, but as soon as Jared held him he called him, Max, so Max it is! Some of you may know that Jared had been pushing for Maximus or even Cornelius Maximus as a name, but I figured I did have some veto power, so we altered it a bit to Maxwell! We had also wanted to pick out a Danish name, but found that there wasn't one that we were happy with the pronounciation in Danish AND English, so we picked Oliver which is Scandinavian in origin.

    Well, that's about all for now. Ruby loves her little brother to bits and is always curious about what he's up to--mostly eating and sleeping for now! Hope you enjoy the pictures of our growing family!

    7 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    Congratulations! We're so glad little Max is finally hear - and to look at all the bright smiles in the pictures, I know you are, too.

    Can't wait to hold him! Glad you are home and that Anne can help for a few days.

    God bless!
    Momma Kay

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats Bethany!!! Sure wish I could have been there... Hope to see all of you soon before Ruby and Max get too big to remember their aunties.... love you!!!!

    Anonymous said...

    Congratulations on the birth of your son! He is so cute and I can't wait to meet him! Love you all!
    -Rachel

    Amy said...

    Welcome, Maxwell! One more day and I was going to start a pool. Congratulations to all of you.

    Harmony said...

    Congratulations. He's a cutie.

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats Bethany, Jared, and Ruby Rae! Max is beautiful and I am glad you had a nice quick labor. I am also glad he didnt end up with Cornelius Maximus! LOL Jared, you crack me up!
    Love you guys!
    Sherry

    Lauren said...

    Yea! I'm so glad he's finally here! Sorry this note comes after he is a week old...I was out of town and then not feeling well for a while, but Scott did tell me that he read that you finally had him :) I like the name Maxwell Oliver; it is so Jared to have wanted Cornelius Maximus :) (We love you, Jared!) He's precious and I'm glad y'all are doing well!