Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Still waiting!

I wanted to put up a quick post to let everyone know that we are still waiting for Baby Boy Nelson to arrive! I have had contractions now and again, some painful, but nothing with staying power. We'll go back to the midwife tomorrow morning and we plan to bring my suitcase along and ask them to go ahead and induce--we'll see what they say, but I think 10 days past the due date should be enough for them to at least consider it. It's very likely that they may just give me something mild to get things going and send me home to wait, but we'll see.

One great thing about not having the baby yet is that I was able to go to church for Easter Sunday, which was wonderful! The choir (including Jared) performed a really wonderful cantata called "Lamb of Judah, Calvary's Lamb". It was something totally different--more of a worship service than a concert complete with the congregation singing for many songs and several responsive readings. It was such a wonderful celebration of Jesus' resurrection! After the service we were invited to a friends' home for Easter dinner. Ruby was the only little one at the party and she really enjoyed being the center of attention--big surprise there!

Ruby was dressed up in an adorable outfit from Nana, so I'll leave you with a couple of pictures of that--her dashing companion is Carter, of course! They were sneaking kisses and hugs, but the Daddys never caught it on film--these digital cameras are just TOO slow sometimes! Ruby also had a matching purse, but somehow we never managed to get the hat and the purse in any picture. Oh well, there's always next year!

1 comment:

Amy said...

I have been lurking for a while now and the suspense has forced my hand to comment. I sure hope your long wait is over.
Ruby looks like quite the lady in her Easter dress.