Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Inquiring Minds...

I know that some of you are just about going nuts wondering if Baby Nelson has been born yet. So, I'll start with the baby update! No, this little guy still hasn't made his debut. I have had contractions on and off for about a week, but nothing with staying power. I did see my midwife today and she said that he is "deeply engaged" and doing well. She also estimated his weight at about 3900g (8.6lb) for those that are wondering and said that he looks like he's very long--something that I've been sure of for a very long time! Anyhow, we have another appointment for next Wednesday morning. If he hasn't decided that the time is right by then, we'll schedule an induction (hopefully on Wednesday or Thursday!!). I don't feel bad at all though, so I guess I won't complain. It would be perfect timing for me if he decides to come anytime between now and Saturday night, but I guess we'll have to wait for God's timing either way!

I actually only have one more day on my own with Ruby either way as Jared will have Thursday and Friday off for Easter holiday (Danish national holidays). I am grateful for that because Ruby would like to be outside all the time now and I just don't have the energy to be pushing her on her trike or chasing balls or climbing ladders and sliding down slides! For a while she was happy to be in our yard, but now she has decided that she's no longer "outside" unless she's off our property--ugh! Sooo, I hear lots and lots of "outside! outside! playground! playground! slide! bike! walk!, etc." Please seems to have temporarily fallen out of her vocabulary...

Saturday afternoon, Anne will arrive for a visit. Originally we were thinking of having her come last weekend, but I'm sure glad we didn't. If we had we would have had the same situation as with Kay last time around. The whole visit was spent waiting! We did enjoy the time together, but it would have been nice if her stay had coincided with Ruby being out a bit longer! Anyway, I know that Ruby will thoroughly enjoy having her here (as will we all!) and hopefully it will make the transition a bit smoother from only child to Big Sister!

Well, I guess I'll finally tell you what these pictures are from! The first three are from a trip Ruby, Claire, Carter, and I took to the zoo. For the first time I brought Ruby in to see the goats. At first she was really scared, but once I knelt down to pet one of the goats who was lying down, she eventually got brave enough to try it herself. Once she felt his coat she was hooked! Before I could pull myself to my feet (no easy feat at 9 months pregnant!) she was on to the next goat and soon had petted nearly every one in the pen. She and Carter also had fun climbing on the wooden stumps--they really are kids! (I know, too much, but I couldn't resist!)

These last two pictures may be a bit difficult to see without clicking on them, but this is Ruby playing "dress up". One of her new favorite activities is finding clothes, pajamas, shoes, socks, boots, hats, etc. and dressing up in them. Of course she usually just layers them over whatever she's already got on, so she can come up with some pretty amusing outfits. One of my favorites this last week was a red onesie, red zip up sweatshirt, diaper, lacy diaper cover (from one of her dresses), socks, pink footed pajama pants, and knee high leather boots. And then...we went out to play. Maybe someday she really will have a fashion sense and give her Mommy a make over. For now though, these outfits are staying inside the confines of our yard!

We'll keep you posted on any baby news... Hope you are enjoying spring (or autumn) wherever you are!

No comments: